Friday, October 17, 2008

Tea Party


tea party
PICTURED: Anisha Lakhani (Author of Schooled), Tracy Stern (founder of Salon Tea), Me, Mina Jacqueline Au (Luxury Lifestyle expert and founder of Bon-Luxe), and Melissa Foss (celebrity stylist/former editor of Harper's Bazaar.)


I meant to post this photo before now, but didn't remember until today when I wrote the High Tea story for Better. A couple of weeks ago my photographer and I went to the beautiful Upper East Side home of Tracy Stern, Manhattan socialite and tea entreprenur, and shot a segment on hosting tea parties in your home.

Tracy had laid out the most gorgeous table I've ever seen, choosing a colorful garden theme. There were little watering pails for the milk and even the mini sandwiches had a flower theme, with edible geraniums and salmon rosettes. Move over Martha Stewart!

She talked about the odds and ends she picked up here and there to make the display. Stuff anyone could find - even on a budget. But it takes someone with a good eye - like Tracy - to pull it all together. Seriously, the woman is majorly creative!

Her teas were delicious too -- try them once and I guarantee you'll give up Lipton forever! :) Her company is called SalonTea and they import teas from the finest estates from around the world. She's even written a book on hosting tea parties - the subject of our segment.





It was a really fun segment to shoot and her apartment was to die for. She was really sweet, too. And so passionate about her teas - it's not just a business for her. It's a lifestyle.

I'll be posting the Better TV segment soon. For now, check out the SalonTea website and get yourself some tea!

Marianne

1 comment:

TJ Brown said...

I love tea parties. And it's so not me, so I don't know why... they are just so ... FESTIVE!
Teir