Monday, October 27, 2008

Anniversary Weekend

This weekend marked Jacob and my year anniversary of dating. I can't believe it's been a year and at the same time I can't believe there was ever a time when he wasn't in my life.

Our first date took place here: At the Morgan's Hotel bar on Madison. Unfortunately it's since been renovated and turned into a gym. Too bad cause it was a beautiful space - and a great place to have a first date.





So we couldn't go back, but we made the most of the weekend anyway. Here's how it all went down.

I got out of work on Friday and came home to a candlelit living room and a bottle of champagne. He'd snuck out early to surprise me! For my gift, he gave me a pair of gorgeous silver earrings from Tiffany's. I was thrilled. Not only gorgeous earrings (he has great taste!) - but the first time anyone had every bought me something from Tiffany's. That little blue box ... it's a girl's dream come true!

These are what they looked like.




And here's me wearing them. Jacob took this in "a gossip girl book cover" style...cutting off my eyes like they do in so many YA books.


Earrings!


So what do you buy the type of guy who will brave the 5th Avenue Tiffany's? Why tickets to the Dallas Cowboys, of course! :) I got him tix to the game where they play the NY Giants in December. It's especially exciting since this will be one of the very last games ever played in the old Texas stadium. Plus it's against the Giants - who I love to hate. I hope the Cowboys run them through!!! (No, I'm not naive enough to think there's a good chance - but I can still hope!)





After champagne and gift giving, we headed to one of our favorite eating places. No, not a fancy 5 star restaurant, but Dallas BBQ. We hadn't been in a while since I moved to Astoria and no longer lived across the street from one.

We got "Texas size" margaritas.


Anniversary Margarita

Anniversary Margarita




The restaurant had its Halloween decorations up. I liked this skeleton spider.


Dallas BBQ Halloween


Oddly enough, we sat down next to a couple who were in the process of breaking up. Kind of sad to hear during a happy anniversary dinner, but from the sounds of things, the girl was so right to be getting the heck out of the relationship!

After dinner we headed to the movies and watched SAW 5. Yes, we saw SAW 5 on our anniversary. Cause that's how we roll. See, we are the PERFECT couple!! :) Unfortunately, while not terrible, it wasn't as exciting as the rest of the Saw movies. Almost a placeholder, really, to get us through the wait of a sixth film. I thought they could have done a much better job. Still, it was great to see Jigsaw again! :)

Anyway, lest you think we just ate bbq and watched horror on our anniversary, the next morning we woke up bright and early, driving upstate NY to Cooperstown, home of the baseball hall of fame. We were staying at the Otesaga, a huge 100 year old hotel sitting on a gorgeous lake.


The Otesaga

The Otesaga Hotel

The Otesaga Hotel

The Otesaga Hotel

Jacob at Otsego Lake


We went to the Fenimore art museum and the baseball hall of fame that day. And then at night we ate at the hotel dining room where they served a meal that was first served when the place opened 100 years ago. (It was all part of their 100 year celebration.) The food was delicious! I was stuffed afterwards!

The next day we walked around Cooperstown, checking out all the amazing old homes and baseball stuff. I love the architecture of that town! They don't make houses like they used to, that's for sure. I should have taken more pictures. Here's one of Doubleday field, though, home of many Hall of Fame games.


Doubleday Field


After wandering around and checking things out, we headed home (4 plus hour drive!) and got ready for Monday morning reality! It was a great weekend though and a great anniversary. The first of many to come, I hope!!!

Marianne

No comments: