Friday, September 02, 2005

Off to Florida - Stuff for you to do

I know it's a weird time of year to head to Florida, but I go every year around this time to visit my friends who live down there. I'll be back on Tuesday and I promise to take lots of pics. :)

In the meantime, if you're looking for a substitute to my oh-so-exciting blog'age, here are a few suggestions:

For a political fix, check out Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez. She used to be a reporter at the Boston Globe and turned chick lit author. (She wrote the Dirty Girls Social Club which I believe is going to be a J-Lo movie...) Anyway, I recently found her blog and it's awesome. Political, thought-provoking, and at times so, so funny! (I especially love the entry about gay straight men.) Recently she's been posting stuff about the Katrina aftermath that just makes me want to cry in the same way I did after watching Fahrenheit 911.

If you're in the market for an editor, Romance Divas has a spotlight interview with my Dorchester editor Chris Keeslar. Learn what we writers can do to make our editors happy. (Probably not blog about them or post goofy pictures! Gah!)

Then, go wish Gena Showalter a happy birthday. The bitch is a year younger than me and beautiful, but her virtual b-day bash features naked men and beer so I guess I can forgive her.

After that, head over and wish poor Larissa well. And send her money while you're at it. She lost everything in Katrina except what she could pack in her car. I noticed she posted an update today on her situation. Man, this is all soo soo sad! I mean what I went through with my house seemed terrible at the time, but I had a warm, dry, safe place to sleep. People to take care of me. These people have NOTHING! NOTHING! It's mind-blowingly bad! I can't even wrap my head around it. Please, please do what you can to help. I don't care that I'm rebuilding myself. I'm sending money.

And finally, because even during tragedy it's okay to give ourselves permission to smile, here's a little website I found called "The Sheep Dance."

Have a good Labor Day weekend!!
xoxoxo
Mar

No comments: