Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Work work work

Wow life has been busy lately. Work is crazy, trying to launch the new show on Monday. I’m so behind on everything! Blogging may be brief for a while. I did have a nice Labor Day weekend. Went to my friend’s wedding at Acqua, this yummy Italian restaurant in the South Street Seaport District. About as far away in Manhattan as you can go from my apartment, but well worth it. Was a lot of fun and the couple, Jenny and Stefano, seemed very happy together.

Today I met an author (we had her in as a studio guest on Better TV) named Dina Koutas Poch who wrote a really funny book called I HEART MY INLAWS. It’s nonfiction, with a lot of great tongue-in-cheek and real advice for getting along with your bf/husband’s family. Great reading for anyone in a relationship...we've ALL been there. Dina was really nice and we chatted about books for a while, though I was so busy I didn’t get to spend as much time chatting as I’d have liked to.

Tomorrow Blair from One Life to Live is coming in to our studios. (Er, I mean Kassie DePavia.) I used to love watching her and Todd’s adventures when I was in college! I so need a TV at work again. (Most TV producers have TVs at their desks, but here at the new job I haven’t gotten one hooked up yet.) Then I can waste my afternoon watching soaps research upcoming studio guests.

Okay, gotta go. Hope everyone is well.
Marianne

No comments: