Monday, March 02, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!!

I always like to make my birthday last as long as possible and this year is no exception. I'm going for a week long birthday celebration!!

On Saturday, a few friends and I headed to Medieval Times to begin the celebration. I was a bit tired, having worked unpacking boxes and fixing up the apartment all afternoon, but I rallied once I got inside and the show began. I love Medieval Times - it's so much fun. I know a lot of people might think it's cheesy, but I love all things Medieval so to me it's like Disney World! :)

The show was great, as always, and our knight (black and white) ended up winning the jousting tournament and becoming hero of the realm. So that was a nice added bonus. Thanks to everyone who came along with me - it was a fun night!

Then Sunday we spent the entire day getting a couch from Liz's apartment (where I'd been storing it since my sub-letter moved out of my UWS place) to Jersey City. Eight mile trip - and it took ALL DAY. It was a day of frustration, let me tell you! First the moving van we rented wasn't there at the time of rental and then, after we waited a half hour and finally said forget it, the lady said the company would charge us anyway if we left. Um, they're going to charge us for a van we rented that wasn't there? Finally, 40 minutes late, the guy showed up with the van. (And got no penalty for being late, I might add.) So we get the van, only to be told we have to get it back by 4pm (3 hrs and 20 mins later cause they were closing. Yes, the truck rental place is only open from 12-4. WHAT?!? So we had to rush to the UWS...only to find out they wouldn't let us through the Holland Tunnel cause it was "commercial" even though it was just a van and not a truck. So we got lost in Jersey trying to figure out how to get to the Lincoln Tunnel. I don't need to get into too much detail, but it was just one thing after another. It all worked out in the end though. Still, what's the deal with truck rental places? Everytime I rent one there seems to be a problem! I never want to move again, let me tell you!

Today there was a huge snowstorm and so we were allowed to leave work early. I'm sticking in the city though cause Jacob and I are going out tonight. He won't tell me where - it's a birthday surprise!! I like that. :) I guess we'll all find out tomorrow where he takes me!

And the rest of my birthday week is going to be awesome. I can't explain right, but much goodness later in the week is to come!

Oh and I am turning in BAD BLOOD to my editor today!! Woot! Hope she likes it!! :) It was a fun one to write - the vampire ones always are!!

Marianne

No comments: