Friday, November 24, 2006

Post Turkey Day

Hope everyone had a yummy Thanksgiving. I went to my aunt's house in North Andover. It was great. Tons of food and people. My cousins and I have a tradition going all the way back to when we were kids of playing the Game of Life. We have this really old version - totally out of date - but it's so much fun. :) We were dying laughing through the whole thing. I have to see if there's a modern version out there -- where a doctor job doesn't pay you $50,000 year and houses cost $40,000 to buy.

I am especially thankful this year for my new agent and my new book deal which I can't talk about til Monday. But I promise to post details as soon as I'm able. It's so, so exciting!!

I'm just polishing the final chapters of Girls that Growl and passing it in on Monday. I wrote that book in record time, but I really like how it came out. Can't wait to see what my editor thinks. Then it's on to Moongazer, which I also have to write in record time. Gah! Do the deadlines ever end? I'm not complaining though. :) I actually like being busy.

For those of you in the New England area, I'll be speaking at the Rhode Island romance writer's group next Saturday. Topic is: "Boldly Go Where No Writer has Gone Before" - basically about starting trends rather than following them. More info is on their homepage. Hope you can make it!

MARIANNE

No comments: