I'm one of those people who is all or nothing. I can't just watch an episode of a television show or listen to a band. Once I discover something, I end up obsessing and overdosing on it til I'm totally sick of it and then move on to the next thing. I do it with food, too. I'll eat the same thing every night for like 2 weeks and then never want it again.
Here are a few of my current obsessions:
- Watching Veronica Mars
- Listening to KEANE
- Drinking sparkling water
- Eating grilled cheese sandwiches made on a George Foreman grill
- Drinking New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc
- Reading Phillip K Dick novels
- Playing World of Warcraft videogame (though this is a long term obsession)
- Going to bookstores and checking out what imprint published what YA book
- Reading my agent's blog and all the comments people write
- Looking for NYC apartments on Craigslist to rent
- Looking up my friends' MySpace pages and reading what other people wrote about them
- Checking my email 50,000 times a day for a reason I cannot disclose at the moment
What about you? What are some of your obsessions?