Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Random thoughts

I am still doing my Buzzing your Book workshop over at Romance Divas. Today I wrote about using MySpace as a promotional tool. If you've ever thought of promoting for free to over 87 million people - and no they're not all teens! - you might want to check out my step by step guide.

I'm feeling so much better today than I felt during the beginning of the week. Phew. Sometimes life can really smack you upside the head. But if you can just get through the bad days better ones always come. :) The important thing is that when you're going through bad moods or whatever that you don't take it out on people you love. Especially the ones who are trying to cheer you up. They care about you and want you to feel better and they probably feel helpless because they can't seem to make you smile the way they usually do. And it's so easy to lash out at these people because they are around and they don't run away from your bad mood like casual friends will.

If you can't deal with them, tell them you need some time alone. But never, ever be nasty to them. Because they have opened themselves up, made themselves vulnerable, in an effort to help you feel better. And that, my friends, is something more valuable than gold.

Anyway - that's your psych lesson of the day from Marianne.

Tonight I'm going to a cookout at my dad's. It'll be the last time I see him and my stepmom for like a month cause they're traveling cross country to go to Colorado to visit my brother and camp and hike etc. I'm totally jealous. Oh to be retired and have whole summers to tour the country. Then again, I'd probably just sit at my computer the whole summer if I had a choice.

:)
Marianne

3 comments:

Jana DeLeon said...

(hugs) on the drive-by bloggings. I heard on Diana's blog. I simply don't understand people. I guess writers aren't supposed to be human because we're wildly rich and have cabana boys that look like Paul Walker.

Oh wait, it doesn't pay that kind of money. I forgot. :)

Blog what you want. Sane people won't care.

Jana DeLeon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shawn said...

Loving the workshop! Taking a lot of notes! Thanks for all the wonderful advice!