Monday, September 14, 2009

Weekend with Mom

This weekend Mom came down for a visit. Poor thing - her flight got delayed 6 hours and she was stuck in the Manchester, NH airport the entire time. Yuck! But once she got here, we had fun, so hopefully it was worth it!

On Saturday, we took her to our favorite pancake place in Jersey City. She had to agree they were the best pancakes ever. Then we headed into the city, fighting the rain, to visit Times Square (and the M&M store) and check out the Fashion Week tents.


mom mm


At night, we went to Rosa Mexicano to have a delicious dinner. I had the carne asada tacos. Mmm!

We played Scrabble at night, which was fun. I'm not very good, but a lucky break in which I was able to use all my letters helped me rally. (Word was "Currents" in case you were wondering!)

The next day Mom and I and Molly headed up to Storm King Mountain to do some hiking. (Jacob was watching the first Cowboys game of the season at home.) It was warm and sunny and we took lots of good pictures. Take a look!


Hiking with Mom - Storm King Mt

Hiking with Mom - Storm King Mt

Hiking with Mom

Hiking with Mom - Storm King Mt

Hiking with Mom - Storm King Mt

Hiking with Mom

Hiking with Mom - Storm King Mt


I'm tired today, but it was a fun weekend!

Marianne

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The wait in the airport was 8 hours, not 6, but I have to say it was definitly worth it. It was a fun weekend spent with people I love.
One thing you forgot to mention - I WON THE SCRABBLE GAME!