Thursday, August 06, 2009

Jennie Garth

When I was a teen I used to LOVE 90210. (I was a Dylan girl, not Brandon, FYI.) And I especially loved Jennie Garth, who played Kelly Taylor on the show. I wanted to be her SO BADLY. Not to mention have her haircut.





I thought she was the most beautiful actress ever.

In any case, I finally, today, got to interview her. Which isn't the same as, say, going to high school and being BFFs with Kelly Taylor, but hey - it's close enough!


Me interviewing Jennie Garth


Like many stars, she was a bit shorter than she appears on television. Unlike many stars, she was a normal weight, which I found refreshing. (It's always kind of disturbing to interview these tiny 5'0 70 pound waifs.) Not that she's fat AT ALL - she's normal sized and still very beautiful. And her dress was awesome - I should have asked her where she got it. It's very "Mad Men", don't you think?


Jennie Garth at TJ Max Charity Event


She was there to promote a TJ Maxx Back-to-School Children's charity event. Basically if you buy a reusable shopping bag at TJ Maxx the company will donate a schol item to a child in need through the Save the Children program. A worthy charity, especially for a mom of three like Jennie.

Anyway, just thought I'd share! It's not everyday you get to meet your favorite teen actress - even if it is 20 years later!! :)

Marianne

1 comment:

Diana Dang said...

That is most awesome!