Monday, March 06, 2006

Florida Fun

Hey all,

I just got back from a fabulous trip to Orlando where the weather was 80 degrees (as opposed to Boston's currently 20s.) I got to see my best friends Ali and Bobby (who live there), celebrate my birthday with chocolate cake and champagne, and spend a day at Walt Disney World. We also saw one of my all time favorite goth bands, "Sisters of Mercy" on their 25th anniversary tour. On Saturday, Ali and I went to Casadaga and got our tarot cards read by a psychic. That was pretty interesting, let me tell you! We bought a deck home with us and were doing our own readings for anyone who would let us. After a few glasses of wine, we had convinced ourselves that we were darn good psychics.

Anyway, I just got home today and I'm kind of sad to be back. I love it down in Orlando. It's one of the few places I can travel to and not feel anxious and homesick. I used to live there for about a year and a half back when I was 23 and it still feels like home to me. Plus I miss my friends. I wish everyone I loved could live close to me. It seems just the opposite. Most everyone is far away. :( I guess that's what you get when you have lived the nomadic tv news lifestyle.

I thought I'd post a couple pics for your amusement.


Ali and me at Epcot

We ate (and drank) at Epcot's Germany

We needed help finishing these beers!

For the last nine years Bobby has tried to take a sexy photo of Ali and I on the old fashioned car at MGM Studios. It never comes out exactly right, but has become a tradition.

"Disney World, I wish that I could quit you!"

Woof! A big dog nose in the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground"

Glowy Drinks at MGM's SciFi Diner



Back to nature

Ali and Bobby's adorable son Ian

Yup, they carry it in Florida bookstores, too!


Ali is enthralled.



PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME GO HOME!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time! Happy Belated Birthday :)

Kristen Painter said...

Cool! The weather has been pretty awesome down here. Gotta love FL! Looks like you had a FUN time. Those beers are ginormous!