Friday, October 16, 2009

Jude Law - Hamlet

So as many of you probably know Jude Law is probably one of my favorite actors of all time. But mostly this is, I must admit, cause he's so darn good looking! But now I can say, without a doubt, he's also an AMAZING actor.

Last night, Jacob and I went to see him play Hamlet in a limited 12 week Broadway production of the Shakespeare play. He was amazing. So talented. You would have thought he was a regular on the Shakespearian circuit. I was very impressed. He was passionate, funny, and his movements were almost poetic. Oh - and he's also a great fencer, too. Some critics say he was too passionate and too literal in his movements, but they can all bite me.





Another note - Hamlet is definitely the original Emo boy, that's for sure. Truthfully, the play would make a great YA book, if not for the downer of an ending.

In any case, two thumbs, way up! Go see it if you're in NYC within the next few months!

MARIANNE

No comments: