Saturday, December 30, 2006

Snow!!

It's snowing out today! Crazy. First real snow we've had this year. Global warming and all that, they say. (Don't get me started about the polar bears dying...grr..) So while usually I'm more than happy to avoid the white stuff, today it's a welcomed treat. Especially since Teresa is here and seeing as she's from LA, she hasn't seen it in a while.

Last night we went to Lucca for dinner in the North End. Had a great antipasto starter and then Pollo con Limone e Prezzemolo -- aka delicious lemon chicken over five grain risotto -- for dinner. Delish. Then we got wine and hung out at my place and caught up, listening to music, etc. Then this morning we went to the Phoenix Landing, this Irish pub in Cambridge, and met a few friends to watch footy (aka soccer!) Liverpool (my team) trounced the Tottenham Hotspurs 1-0 in the pouring rain. Yay!

Now we're going to head over to get pedacures. Teresa has a wedding to go to tonight so Mary and I are going to go to the movies. Figure that's a night mellow night out before New Year's Eve!

That's about it! Have a great day and watch out for snow!! :)

Marianne

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm in the middle part of NJ. I'm exactly 10 minutes outside of Philly. Just cross the bridge and you are in Philly. You can see the skyline from my apartment. Therefore, no snow. We are supposed to get a complete a total washout though for the fireworks. They are threatening to cancel the fireworks.:-(