Monday, January 23, 2006

Monday Bleh

Hey all,

Bleh, Monday. Don't you just HATE Mondays? This weekend was pretty good, though. Saturday I went to the movies to see "The Matador" with Pierce Brosnan. It was okay - nothing stellar. Then we went to Masa, this trendy southwestern style bar in the South End. (Yes, I know, trendy bar and South End are redundant.) About 14 people showed up, so it was quite the night out. We tried a nice bottle of Don Miguel Gascon, an Argentinean Viognier. (And Activity Director actually got away from her staple of New Zealand Sauv Blanc to try something new.) Anyway - fun time had by all.

In writing news, if you get a chance, check out my friend Alesia Holliday's new promotional cartoon for her Berkley book "Blondes Have More Felons". It's adorable! I love the alligator. It'd be fun to do something like that for my books, but alas, I have no money. Everyone's always like, "When can you quit your day job?" Uh, never? Actually though, the thing is I don't WANT to quit my day job. I love being a tv producer as well as an author. It's fun and interesting and challenging and there's people to talk to. I think I might go a little crazy sitting home alone all day. While I enjoy writing and definitely want to keep at it, I'm also looking to move ahead with my chosen profession as well. After all, I'm not digging ditches for a living. (No offense to anyone who finds ditch digging a rewarding career - I'm all for following whatever path you want in life - just not so much for me - who hates dirt and physical labor.) My job is creative and I learn something new everyday. The segments I do can change peoples' lives for the better. How rewarding is that? Sure, you've got your not-so-important stories like, "Can Your Couch Kill You?" but overall, we put out some quality programming.

ANYWAY - Sorry for the tangent. I know, I know. Some people write interesting stuff in their blogs or they teach people to become better writers or debate controversial issues. About all I've got left is the news of my very awesome GAP jeans purchase! WOOT! New jeans that actually look and feel good - priceless!!!

And uh, now that I've fulfilled my bloggerly duties (badly, I know) I'll bid you farewell and let you surf far more interesting blogs where you might actually learn something. :)

Marianne

4 comments:

TJ Brown said...

I don't want to learn anything while I blog. I want to be amused. I was just thinking that my blog is boring cause I just chat. And it is. But oh well. I think the blog is primarily for me anyway!
Teri

The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

I'm with you, Marianne. I have no desire to quit my day job either. I'm one who needs to commute into an office every day and work around people. I've got plenty of quiet time at home when I want it for writing, but I'd go nuts if I didn't have somewhere to go each day. :-)

Christina

K.A.S. said...

Jeans that fit well and look awesome are definately blogworthy ;)

K.A.S. said...

You've been tagged, to commit a Random Act of Kindness. Pass it on!
http://ksteele2.blogspot.com/2006/01/random-acts-of-kindness.html