Sunday, July 30, 2006

Back from Atlanta

I am wayyyy too tired to tell you everything that happened in Atlanta (and - heh - maybe some of it best stay in Atlanta anyway :P) but needless to say the conference was a blast and I'm so glad I went. It was wonderful to see all my fabulous author friends!

But the big news of the week?? Guess what my dear friend Alesia Holliday won! Yup, a RITA! For best novella! WOOT! Sooo well deserved!!!! Here are the two of us. Doesn't she look sooo happy?


For those of you not in the writing world, that golden statue is called a "RITA" and it's the best award a romance author can win. Sort of like an Emmy. Yay Alesia!!
Mar
P.S. For those of you wondering, my apartment is fine. No lightning disasters this year!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a good time and congrats to your friend. Welcome back Mari.

Dona Sarkar-Mishra said...

I can't believe I missed you this year! You look amazing in the pic though :)