Tuesday, June 06, 2006

July Books

July seems to be a good month for new books by friends of mine.

Diana Peterfreund's debut novel - the much hyped "Secret Society Girl" will finally hit store shelves. I remember reading a partial of the manuscript before Diana sold it last year and thinking - wow - how could this book not sell? Then she sent me this email the morning she sold saying, "Hey guess what? I sold my book!" Or something along those lines. No mention of it being the huge sale it was. Now she's on her way to becoming a huge star. Yay Diana! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

Caridad Ferrier (aka my friend Barb Pollack) has her debut YA "Adios to my Old Life" out in July as well. It's sort of a Latino American Idol type book. I got an advanced copy to read and I really loved it. As my MySpace kids say, "This book rocks my socks." The heroine is spunky and cool and I really think kids will enjoy the Cinderella at the ball idea of becoming famous overnight.

Alesia Holliday has a new chick lit called "Seven Ways to Lose Your Lover" out as well. It got 4 1/2 stars from RT! Woot! Go Alesia! I actually don't know too much about this book except that it's written by Alesia so it is guaranteed to be laugh-out-loud funny. :)

Marjorie M. Liu has another entry to her Dirk and Steele series with "The Red Heart of Jade." She also got 4 1/2 stars from RT. A top pick, if I remember right. If you like dark, kick butt paranormal, she is definitely an author to watch and enjoy. Think X-Men with romance.

Anyway, I'm probably forgetting tons of people, but there's a few to start you out with. Besides, can't mention TOO many good July books or you'll run out of money before you get to pick up MY July release - "What, No Roses?" hehe.

Til tomorrow!
Marianne

No comments: