Monday, February 13, 2006

Buried in Snow!

Hey all,

So are those of you in the Northeast all dug out from the weekend's blizzard? I was so not interested in leaving my house on Sunday. Saturday night though I went to the movies with some friends and saw Firewall. While Harrison Ford is always a good actor the script was your standard cookie cutter thriller. Absolutely nothing original. Nothing geeky techy cool either which could have somewhat redeemed it for me. It wasn't boring or anything, just typical. Afterwards we went for a drink at some swanky bar under the Ritz called Jer-Ne. (Pronounced Journey.) They had a very interesting interpretation to Boston Creme Pie.

Other than that the weekend was mostly filled with doing my revisions for "What, No Roses?" I've finished though and will send them back to my editor tomorrow. The funny thing is that the book has to do with Valentine's Day (and the St. Valentine's Day Massacre) and I'll have actually finished it on the holiday itself. Pretty amusing. Hopefully my editor will like all my revisions cause now I've got to buckle down and finish "Stake That" by the end of the month. After that I get to start on the sequel to A Connecticut Fashionista in King Arthur's Court which will be fun, I think. For those of you who don't know it's called "A Hoboken Hipster in Sherwood Forest."

Tonight I'm doing a Valentines booksigning at a Barnes and Noble in Bellingham, Massachusetts along with a bunch of other local romance authors, including the fabulous Niki Burnham who also writes YA. She's got a new book, "Scary Beautiful" that I have to pick up.

That's about all for now - though I should mention in 2 days I'll have been blogging for a whole year! Crazy. Esp when I think about how much my life has changed in that time. If only I knew then what I'd be in for...

Marianne

No comments: